What is the value of your company? What is its price? Value and price are not the same!
The value of a company is the amount assigned to it on the basis of the assets it has, the liabilities it owes and its capacity to generate profit. The price is the final amount negotiated in a purchase and sale transaction.
A reliable valuation requires correct understanding of both the business and the objective. At PKF Attest, we help you to know when a valuation is necessary.
We offer advice on company valuation. Our professional team has long experience in the application of different valuation methods and knowledge of the sectors and market risks affecting any valuation.
There are many reasons why a company might want to know its value. They may be for purchase and sale transactions, rights issues, mergers or spin-offs, or simply to plan succession.
Our services in this area include:
- Valuations for mergers, acquisitions, divestments or restructuring. Establishing swap equations.
- Valuations of investment, debt and derivative financial instruments.
- Valuations for accounting reasons, testing for asset impairment and assignation of the price in business combinations (PPA- “Purchase Price Allocation”)
- Valuation of intangible assets and property, plant and equipment (business lines, branches of activity, trademarks, customer portfolio)
- Valuations for tax reasons (justification of prices in transactions) or commercial requirements.
- Valuations to seek financing.
- Valuations for value arbitration (inheritances, transmission of shares or participations in family businesses, etc.).
- Valuations in stock market listings and de-listings.